The Tuxedo Park Library strives to meet the informational and recreational needs of the residents of the Town of Tuxedo. It seeks to be the heart of the community. The Library stimulates interest in reading and lifelong learning and affirms the historical significance of our town by providing open access to cultural, intellectual, and educational resources.
The Tuxedo Park Library was built in the center of Town in 1901 and opened its doors in May 1902. Architect Bruce Price, a well-known architect in Canada and New York City, designed the library. Pierre Lorillard, millionaire tobacco magnate, and a group of his friends commissioned Mr. Price to draw up a design for the library. The library's trustees applied for and were granted an Association Charter from the New York State Board of Regents on December 19, 1901. The original trustees were: Charles B. Alexander, George F. Baker, Frederic R. Halsey, Price Collier, Augustus D. Juilliard, Amos T. French, R. Fulton Cutting, Richard Mortimer, Paul Tuckerman, and Frederic de P. Foster. The first librarian was Miss Amy Sutton, who was appointed in 1901.
P.O. Box 776
227 Route 17
Tuxedo Park, NY 10987
email: [email protected]